Get to know Lana! She is a fourth grader on our 12U Thunder.
1. Why do you play?
Because it is fun, great exercise and I like to be part of a team.
2. What does soccer mean to you?
I am fairly new to soccer and have a lot to learn. I am looking forward to the challenge and gaining new knowledge and skills.
3. What was your ultimate achievement in soccer?
Kicking with my left foot is improving.
4. Who has inspired you during your soccer career?
My dad. He started playing soccer in high school and continued in college. He has provided great tips for playing the game.
5. What do you do after a win?
I like to cheer and am very happy. Normally I like to give my teammates high fives and maybe a quick hug… unfortunately, not so much this year.
6. What age were you when you started to play?
Age 6 – I took a soccer class through Sussex Parks & Rec. Then I took some time off to try other activities. Last year, I tried Upward soccer and wanted to continue with the sport. This is my 1st year with PSU.
7. How do your teammates make practice more fun?
I am one of the younger players on the team. My older teammates are wonderful! They are nice and work with me. I really appreciate it when they provide direction and coaching on the field. I have learned so much from them as well as my coaches.
7. Who do you love to see watching you play from the stands?
My mom and dad.