Five Ways Tryouts are Different at PSU
By Lati Ziba
- We do everything we can to ensure every player is placed on a team. If we don’t have a place for a player at PSU, we work with the parents, player, and other clubs to try to find a great place for them.
- Head coaches run the age groups they will coach during the season. This gives players an opportunity to meet the coach they would play for.
- Coaches support, encourage, and motivate players. It’s amazing how much more players enjoy tryouts when they know the coaches are on their side.
- The environment is positive and upbeat.
- Players are evaluated on the combination of their passion for the sport, their soccer skill, and the character they show during tryouts.