Thank You Coaches
By Joe Ulm
Thank you coaches for:
- Coaching the same tactic for the 13th time
- Picking up the 3 hoodies, 2 water bottles, left cleat, backpack, hat, and 23 soccer balls your players left behind after practice
- Spending 15 minutes when you get home from practice letting parents know you picked up 3 hoodies, 2 water bottles, left cleat, backpack, hat, and 23 soccer balls
- Spending another 30 minutes texting parents back about what color the ball, hoodie, water bottle, etc. is.
- Spending 10 minutes a week later wondering why no one ever asked about the left cleat
- Leaving work early. Again.
- Washing all the pinnies all the time
- Creating that feeling in young athletes
- Repeating yourself again…and again
- Teaching our kids so much more than just soccer
- Supporting all the COVID protocols, procedures, and requirements
- Those 267 hours of time no one knows about that you spent preparing for practices and games
- All those times you stayed after practice to help our kids learn that new skill
- Believing in our kids when they don’t always believe in themselves
- Making that tough decision in the last minute of the game
- Igniting the passion in so many kids
- The special magic you bring to 8, 12, or 18 players that transforms them from individuals into a team
- The thousands of memories you created for so many players and families this year
Thank you, coaches. From family to family and from player to player, you are the ones who create lifelong memories. You are the ones who create the bonds that unite.