Make All the Difference
We believe great coaches are far more than people who instruct players on the techniques and tactics of a sport. They are people who inspire, challenge, support, and help players discover their greatest potential. It’s why we created our Coaching Excellence Program – because truly great coaches make all the difference.
There are two levels of our Coaching Excellence Program:
Coaching Excellence Fundamentals
Our Coaching Excellence Fundamentals Course is a four-hour course that provides our coaches with the tools, techniques, and best practices to:
- Coach soccer fundamentals, tactics, and elements of our style of play in a way that builds a basis for each player’s long-term success.
- Connect with each player in ways that support their development and interests in the sport.
- Communicate effectively, appropriately, and genuinely – helping players understand their soccer abilities, strengths, and weaknesses – and how to realize their full potential.
Additionally, coaches are introduced to our core values, instructed on how to utilize the Club’s technology, and given a variety of resources for helping manage all the different elements of a successful season. By October 31st, 2020 every PSU coach will have completed the course.
Advanced Coaching Excellence
Our Advanced Coaching Excellence Course is a six-month course that provides our coaches with advanced soccer instruction from Albert Capellas, Jeff Pill, and Lati Ziba, along with a variety of evidence-based tools and methodologies to engage with each player in a meaningful way. The soccer instruction parts of the course helps each coach:
- Employ complex, strategic elements of our play style.
- Lead advanced team and individual training sessions.
- Train other coaches and mentor our I-Mentor players.
Additionally, each coach is provided instruction from our experts on modern techniques in psychology, education, nutrition, and fitness. This arms each coach with the tools and information to:
- Employ a wide range of approaches to motivate and challenge players.
- Empower players to identify and overcome the barriers to their success.
- Coach each player in a way that fosters rapport and trust, creating exceptional team dynamics.
- Create a positive team environment that encourages strong relationships within the team, leading to exceptional team chemistry.
Every Academy and Select coach is required to complete our Advanced Coaching Excellence Course within their first year at the Club.