COVID-19 Outdoor Policy
In line with Pewaukee Sussex United’s (PSU’s) Player-first approach, the safety of our players, parents, coaches, administrators, and families is paramount. Given the current situation with COVID-19, PSU has enacted multiple safety protocols to create the safest possible environment for everyone, which also includes WYSA’s, Play-On phase 3 policy.
As a result, we ask all parents, players, coaches, and Club administrators to follow the actions and processes detailed below to the best of their ability.
- Coaches, players, parents, and Club administrators shall:
- Check their temperature at home before attending any PSU activity.
- Sanitize hands before, during (if requested), and immediately after participating in any Club activity.
- Maintain a distance of 6 ft. between themselves and anyone they do not share a household with wherever possible.
- Refrain from handshakes, high fives or other physical touching before, during, or while departing from soccer activities.
- Refrain from attending any Club activity for 10 days if they have been in close contact with anyone who has received a positive, COVID-19 diagnosis. The 10 days starts from the last day of close contact.
- Refrain from attending any Club activity for 10 days if they have (or have had):
- A temperature of 100.4 or greater
- A cough
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- Loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Coaches, players, parents, and Club administrators who have tested positive for COVID-19 will:
- Advise Club Administration of their diagnosis as soon as possible.
- Refrain from attending or participating in any Club activity until they have provided Club Administration with a written clearance from a physician.
Freedom to Refrain from Participation
- Pewaukee Sussex United will fully support “non-participation” decisions by players, parents, coaches, and Club administrators who prefer to not participate in any Club activity, without prejudice, regardless of the reason. Further, reasons for not participating do not need to be disclosed.
- For individuals who feel uncomfortable participating in a significant number of Club activities, Pewaukee Sussex United will work with the individual to seek an amicable solution that supports both the individual’s preferences while also supporting the general requirements of a team environment.
- All formal communications about player safety, including communications regarding COVID-19, whether verbal or written, shall be coordinated between the parents or guardians of the player and PSU administration. “PSU Administration” means only:
- Formal communications include, but aren’t limited to:
- A player’s positive diagnosis of COVID-19.
- A physician release clearing a player to return to Club activities following a player’s positive COVID-19 diagnosis.
- Positive COVID-19 diagnosis of one of the player’s family members, or another person the player has been in close proximity with in the past 10 days.
- Informal communications can and should be communicated between players and coaches. Examples of informal communications are:
- A player letting the coach know they are fatigued.
- A player informing the coach that another player is exhibiting COVID-19 Symptoms.
- A coach identifies and corrects an unsafe situation during training (i.e. equipment from multiple players all in the same area).
- A player is uncomfortable with a game or training environment.
- A coach letting a parent know their son/daughter disclosed concerns about having symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- Should the Club become aware of a player or coach who has tested positive for COVID-19, PSU will, as soon as possible after being advised of the diagnosis, contact the parents of all players on the diagnosed player/coach’s team via both phone and e-mail.
Coach & Club Administrators
Coaches & Club Administrators will:
- Wear a mask:
- When arriving and departing Club activities.
- During a game wherever possible.
- Have with them during all Club activities:
- Sanitizing wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Disposable gloves
- Two clean, filled, water bottles
- Ensure all pinnies that have been used in training are properly washed prior to using the same pinnies again.
- Take attendance at all PSU activities.
- Refrain from intentionally touching the ball with their hands.
- Solely manage all training equipment and not request players assist with setting up or change the training environment.
- Refrain from coordinating or supporting team snacks.
Players and Parents
- Parents will:
- Sign the communicable disease waiver prior to having their son/daughter participate in Club activities.
- Report any instance of a positive COVID-19 diagnosis of any family member to Club. Administration as soon as possible upon receiving confirmation of the positive test result.
- Ensure each player’s gear and equipment is washed/sanitized before/after each soccer activity.
- Refrain from attending training sessions (parents may observe training from their car if they wish).
- Support requests by coaches, referees, or Club administrators to assist their son or daughter should they get injured.
- Support WYSA’s Play-On phase 3 policy including:
- Wearing masks while watching games from the sidelines.
- Provide name, email, & phone number for themselves and other friends and family members during games (contact tracing).
- Limit spectators to two people per player at games.
- Observe social distancing guidelines during games.
- Players will:
- Place all belongings (bags, water bottle, equipment) at least 6 feet apart from others’ gear, and keep their gear in areas designated by coaches and/or Club administrators.
- Refrain from touching or sharing other player’s gear, drinks, food, or equipment.
- Use hand sanitizer and engage in other COVID-19 safety procedures when requested by coaches or Club administrators.
- Depart promptly, and as directed by coaches and/or Club administrators, following the conclusion of any Club activity.
- Refrain from huddling or gathering closely in groups.
- Refrain from spitting.
- Refrain from intentionally touching with their hands:
- The ball
- Cones, bags, or other training equipment.
- Keep mouthguards contained in the mouth during the full activity or, once the mouthguard is removed (intentionally or unintentionally), secure the mouthguard in a bag, backpack, or other place that ensures the mouthguard won’t come in contact with others (or other’s equipment) and wash hands after contact with the mouthguard.
- Wear masks while on the sideline during games wherever possible.
- Players may choose to wear their own pinnie, rather than using a PSU-provided pinnie. Should a player choose to do so, PSU may request the player acquire more than one pinnie (of different colors).
Coaches, players, and spectators from visiting teams will:
- Follow PSU’s COVID-19 policy.