In line with Pewaukee Sussex United’s (PSU’s) Player-first approach, the safety of our players, parents, coaches, administrators, and families is paramount. Given the current situation with COVID-19, PSU has enacted multiple safety protocols to create the safest possible environment for everyone, which also includes WYSA’s, Play-On phase 3 policy.
As a result, we ask all parents, players, coaches, and Club administrators to follow the actions and processes detailed below to the best of their ability.
Freedom to Refrain from Participation
- Pewaukee Sussex United will fully support “non-participation” decisions by players, parents, coaches, and Club administrators who prefer to not participate in any Club activity, without prejudice, regardless of the reason. Further, reasons for not participating do not need to be disclosed.
- For individuals who feel uncomfortable participating in a significant number of Club activities, Pewaukee Sussex United will work with the individual to seek an amicable solution that supports both the individual’s preferences while also supporting the general requirements of a team environment.
General COVID Conduct
Staff, coaches, players, and parents shall:
- Check their temperature at home before attending any PSU activity.
- Sanitize hands before, during (if requested), and immediately after participating in any Club activity.
- Wear face masks covering their nose and mouth always – including during training sessions – while inside the facility.
- Refrain from attending any Club activity for 10 days if they have been in close contact with anyone who has received a positive, COVID-19 diagnosis. The 10 days starts from the last day of close contact. (May return after completing a 7 day quarantine after also receiving a negative test result that was collected within 48 hours of the end of quarantine.)
- Refrain from attending any Club activity if they have had any COVID symptoms (see CDC website for list) until they have had no fever for at least 24 hours (without fever-reducing medication), other symptoms have improved, and at least 10 days have passed since their symptoms first appeared, OR has 2 negative COVID-19 tests in a row, with testing done at least 24 hours apart.
Coaches, players, and parents who have tested positive for COVID-19 during the training period will:
- Advise Club Administration of their diagnosis as soon as possible by e-mailing the Club Registrar at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refrain from attending or participating in any Club activity until they have provided the Club Registrar with a written clearance from a physician.
Indoor Facility Usage
- No spectators are allowed in the facility unless specifically approved by the Club President, Club Registrar, Director of Coaching, or Assistant Director of Coaching.
- Everyone who enters the facility will be required to wear a mask. Mask must always cover the mouth and nose – including during training sessions – when inside the facility.
- All indoor facilities will have areas for staff and participants to wash their hands.
- Hand sanitizer will be available inside the facility.
- Water fountains will be unavailable for use.
- Areas of the facility will be closed to everyone.
Facility Disinfecting/Cleaning Procedures
- Premises will be cleaned and disinfected in compliance with CDC protocols including sanitizing equipment between sessions.
- Wash hands with soap and water and/or use hand sanitizer before participating in any club activities.
- Refrain from attending any club activity if they are experiencing any COVID symptoms.
- Bring adequate water for their training session(s), and not share their water with any other player.
- Bring a bag or backpack large enough to hold all personal items including shoes and a water bottle, coat, pants, etc., and always store all items within the bag/backpack.
- Refrain from entering prohibited areas of the facility.
- Adhere to facility arrival and departure procedures.
- Refrain from touching facility and/or training accessories (e.g. goal posts, tubes, flags, etc.) wherever possible.
- Refrain from contacting other players, unnecessarily.
- Adhere to facility arrival and departure procedures
PSU Staff & Coaches
All PSU staff and coaches, will:
- Receive COVID-19 related health and safety training before coaching indoor activities.
- Take attendance prior to every session.
- Observe social distancing guidelines wherever possible.
- Have personal sanitation products with them at all training sessions.