Our High School Select program prepares players for varsity and college-level play. Players from 14 years old (15U) to 18 years old (19U) receive high-level instruction on all elements and phases of the game. Teams are split by gender and participate in SECL or State League play in the fall (girls) or spring (boys).
High School Select teams are led by our highly experienced and licensed coaches who are passionate about elevating our players’ technical abilities and tactical understanding of the game to find individual and team success.
As players progress through PSU’s High School Select program, they learn:
- The interaction between individual talent, teamwork, and strategy
- To trust their instincts based on the situation while also respecting the game plan
- To recognize their roles based on various elements of the game (i.e. position of ball, teammates, opponents, goal and time and space)
- To approach the game in phases, developing an understanding of how to work together as a team to gain advantage over the opponent in all areas of the field
- Key principles of possession-style soccer (utilizing ball possession as tool to help shape the attack and prepare for future defensive actions)
- How to develop a pre-competition routine, including mental preparation and goal setting, preparing them for competition
- Fundamental aspects of all team sports (communication, sportsmanship, leadership, effort, etc.) preparing them to be successful in any team environment
Additionally, coaches use XPS Player & Game Management software along with Cruyff Football online curriculum platform, designed around Possession Style Soccer.
To be successful in PSU’s High School Select Program, players will need to:
- Exhibit a passion for achieving their goals
- Possess good soccer and life skills
- Show exceptional character in all their pursuits, both on and off the field.
Additionally, players in the program are expected to give back to the Club and their community through our I-Mentor Program, community service, or other activities beneficial to others.
Simply put, players in PSU’s Select program are expected to be role models for other players in the Club, among friends and family, in school, and within the community.
What's Not Included
The registration fee for high school select soccer is $1,145 per player with an additional tournament fee of $80 (2 tournaments) per player also collected during registration.
Photo: Please have a photo ready to upload during registration for your player’s player pass.
*Disclaimer: Training frequency and duration is not guaranteed and will be impacted by situations such as inclement weather and/or unsafe field conditions.
**Winter and Summer Player Excellence is open to all high school players at an additional fee.
Please feel free to contact the registrar with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.