To Another Level
Our Select program provides players from 10 years old (11U) to 14 years old (15U) with high-level instruction on all elements and phases of the game. Teams are split by gender and participate in SECL or State League play in both the fall and spring seasons.
Select teams are led by our highly experienced and licensed coaches who are passionate about developing players technically and tactically in a progressive and dynamic environment dedicated toward individual growth and team play.
As players progress through PSU’s Select program, they:
- Learn individual skills and team concepts, as well as key principles of possession style soccer, preparing them for playing varsity & college soccer
- Understand and develop key concepts of the associative game, including recognizing their roles based on different elements of the game (i.e. position of ball, teammates, opponents, goal and time and space)
- Understand the 4 phases of the game and learn to how to generate superiorities in all areas of the field
- How to develop a pre-competition routine, including mental preparation and goal setting, preparing them for competition
- Learn fundamental aspects of all team sports (communication, sportsmanship, leadership, effort, etc.) which prepares them to be successful in any team environment
Additionally, coaches use XPS Player & Game Management software along with Cruyff Football online curriculum platform, designed around Possession Style Soccer.
Players in PSU’s Select program are held to high standards both on and off the field, requiring a significant commitment from every player in the program. To be successful within the program, players will be expected to:
- Be passionate about playing soccer
- Work hard to develop their soccer skills and abilities
- Be invested in growing their character
In support of these expectations, good sportsmanship, a positive attitude, a growth mindset, respect for coaches and teammates, and a high level of engagement within the program is essential at all times.
PSU Select players are expected to show the same level of effort, character, commitment, and respect in their off-field pursuits as well, including their academics, with friends and family members, and within their community.
What's Not Included
The registration fee for select soccer is $1,495 per player with an additional tournament fee of $160 (2 fall, 2 spring) per player also collected during registration.
*Disclaimer: Training frequency and duration is not guaranteed and will be impacted by situations such as inclement weather and/or unsafe field conditions.
**Winter and Summer Player Excellence is open to all select players at an additional fee.
Photo: Please be sure to have a photo ready to upload during registration for your players player pass.
Please feel free to contact the registrar with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.